Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have an old ezgo golf cart that I bought when I moved to a

Customer Question

I have an old ezgo golf cart that I bought when I moved to a retirement community. After a period of time, it started to have problems shifting from forward-neutral-reverse. At first, it would work after I moved the lever from "forward to reverse" several times and I thought it would be OK.
However, this morning when I moved the control lever into the "reverse" position to back the cart out of the garage, there was a noise (almost a shutter sound), but the cart would not move.
At first, I looked at the lever (forward-neutral-reverse) wiring and found what I thought was a loose connection, but it apparently was not the problem since it will not now make any movement (forward or reverse).
I have apparently caused a problem when I tried to solve this on my own.
Can you help a retired person (fixed income) solve this problem with this old EZGO golf cart?
Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Battery pack voltage ok? Above 36 volts? What dies each battery show for voltage? Does charger come on when attached to cart? Does reverse beeper sound?