Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

My 36 volt ez go will not power forward or backward. The

Customer Question

My 36 volt ez go will not power forward or backward. The back up beeper will sound the solenoid does not click. I changed the solenoid but no change.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Year model? The Foot switch has to close the solenoid. And if solenoid does not close, art does not run. I you attach charger does it come on and start to charge?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if I attach the charger it charges.

Year model? The Foot switch has to close the solenoid. And if solenoid does not close, cart does not run. Do you have a voltmeter to test foot switch voltage and voltage to the solenoids small terminals from foot switch?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am picky mg up a voltmeter today the one I had at home is not working properly. Where should I start with the voltmeter.

Does the solenoids main post , both have 36 volts? Does the foot switch have 36 volts to it? Foot switch has to close the solenoid and power the controller. See link below.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Alright. So when I turn the key and put the fwd rev switch to reverse the beeper sounds. Still not sir how to test the foot switch since that diagram did not help. I have changed the solenoid with no change. The golf cart still does not go fwd or reverse. I don't think I am getting power to the solenoid there is no click when I turn the key and press the accelerator pedal.

Here is link showing the tests fr the foot switch and solenoid, and other parts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still need to check some of the connections. I had to work this weekend and did not get a chance to look at the foot switch.

OK>