Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

2006 E-Z-GO TXT speed is either wide open or not at all.

Customer Question
2006 E-Z-GO TXT speed...

2006 E-Z-GO TXT speed is either wide open or not at all. Ocasionnally it operates correct. Sometimes it will go backward, but not froward.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 electric?

Yes, electric 36V

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying too! Do not want to throw a bunch of parts at it. I was told it was the speed control under the floor board!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
8/2/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

The ITS control, (foot switch) is a very possible suspect. As it sends the signal to he controller. There is a test for it, let me link the troubleshooting section to you.