Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

My golf cart which is a 2006 had a battery short out. Have…

Customer Question
My golf cart which...

My golf cart which is a 2006 had a battery short out. Have replaced all 6 of them and it will not start now will they charge

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No they are brand new\

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 electric?

It has 6 6 volt batteries and is a regular old golf cart. is there a place where I can find the model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have only put new batteries in

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
8/1/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery pack voltage? 36 volts, do you have 36 volts at the charger connection on the cart?