Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I have a 2003 ez go cart. Just stopped moving- when I press…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 ez go cart. Just stopped moving- when I press accelerator, just makes a clicking noise but does not move

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Ran fine, new batteries, full charge, recently replace throttle switch and coil. Ran great for a month then moved about 10 ft and would not move again. Just makes a clicking noise when petal is pushed down

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 electric?

I don't know model, but is 36 volt electric

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am fixing- seems like maybe electronic module. I don't think that it is mechanical

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
7/31/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

What is voltage at the solenoid? Is the solenid what is clicking when pedal is pushed? Just a single click? Click at solenoid would suggest that the solenoid is not closing and it is not sending voltage to controller and motor. If solenoid is closing, could the drive motor spinning, but but turning the axle? Motor has a splined shaft that can strip out, motor wold spin, and not drive cart.