Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

My 2017 Volt will not accept a charge. I have unplugged

Customer Question
My 2017 Volt will...

My 2017 Volt will not accept a charge.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have unplugged andplugged in the charge cord . Before this happened I was fumbling with the connection in the dark. I got a light, got in the connection, and the car would not charge. Owned a month 1800 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The charging light on t he center of the dash. And no charging is indicated on the instrument panel, nor is registered as charged

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Answered in 2 days by:
8/2/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and make sure no fuses have shorted out needing replaced.If a fuse is found to be shorted out I would replace it and see if this resolves the issue.If this is or was checked already then the next thing to have done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set and then those codes diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.This should be covered under factory warranty still to have diagnosed and repaired at no charge to you from a dealer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete