Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

I JUST bought an used EZGO. It free wheels down inclines. Is…

Customer Question
I JUST bought an...

I JUST bought an used EZGO. It free wheels down inclines. Is there any way to control it without using the brake?

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Very good.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your electric?

We don't know. Probably 10 years old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to control it besides using the brake going down an incline?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Answered in 6 days by:
8/2/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 11 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You might speak with a repair facility for this model here to see if they offer a brake option or any governor to control this down hill issue.In some cases a component can be installed to control this here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete