Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

36 volt when u first accell it the front end jumps about 1

Customer Question

36 volt when u first accell it the front end jumps about 1 foot in the air it jerks until u get moving it will not climb hills
JA: What year is your electric?
Customer: 98
JA: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tested for total voltage 38.1 available I di replace one battery found one bad charged over night first test run this is what happened very jerky not smooth at all no power will not climb a hill
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: constant
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Make and model? 36 volt cart, what does each battery read? With 6 volt batteries, fully charged, should read over 6.3 volts. Total pack voltage should be around 39 volts! The jerky operation may be related to a bad foot switch, giving bad signal to the controller, but need to verify that battery pack is ok. How old are the batteries, always bad to replace just one, if all are same age!