Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a club car precedent and sometimes when I get ready

Customer Question

i have a club car precedent and sometimes when I get ready to ride it will not go in forward or reverse it will click but will not go so I switch it into reverse and forward a few times then it will go but it will also go full speed then check up really slow then go full speed again its like there is something wrong maybe with the pedal to the batteries getting a good connection or something
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: no strong smell but underneath the cart there is large spots where the batteries leak acid it looks like
JA: What is the model/year of your electric?
Customer: I believe its a 2004 club car precedent
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i havnt tried anything so far once it gets going sometimes its fine but starting off it does this and then sometimes it will just start jumping and going slow then faster
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i recently had a light kit installed and one new battery when they did that it did this same thing before but not quite as bad
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would have the area where the batteries had leaked checked for any corroded or damaged wiring or electrical components as acid can damage electronics rapidly and may have caused this issue here.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. I would have the accelerator and gear switch/sensors checked to see if either are found to be at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete