Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Have a 2008 Smart car Passion which needed a new battery I…

Customer Question
Have a 2008 Smart...

Have a 2008 Smart car Passion which needed a new battery I changed it with a new one and when I went to start it it would not. Everything that's electrical works just fine but it does not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes I disconnected it negative first then positive and followed the reverse in connecting the new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Smart?

Passion cabriolet

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am. I have tried reprograming the code sequence by going through the push and holding brake turning key on and going through the sequence of all gears and turning it off again and tried to start but nothing changed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's my problem currently

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
3/21/2017
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

No other wires connected to the battery cable connections, that you may have missed? Do you have voltmeter to see if battery is above 13 volts? Do you get any click from the starter solenoid when you turn key to start?

I see question is still open, dd you see my response? What was problem?