Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 2002 model EZ-GO 36 volt and have purchased a 12

Customer Question

I have a 2002 model EZ-GO 36 volt and have purchased a 12 volt Rec Pro halogen headlights and Led tail lights kit. Do I need a voltage reducer? There is a curved gadget with a toggle switch on top on the right side of the battery compartment which I don't understand. How do I hook up these lights?
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: It's brand new in the box. I haven't even started to hook it up. The paper work says warranties will be voided if I try to hook it up to a 36 volt system. I want to be sure that I don't need a voltage reducer or maybe there is one built in already.
JA: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I opened the compartment and there is this thing to the right of the batteries that could be a voltage reducer. There is a toggle switch on top. I'm not familiar with this gadget or what the switch is for. Yes I am alone.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Cart do NOT have a voltage reducer. You need one, or you can wire the lights to two of the six volt batteries, to tap 12 volts for the lights.