Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Cart ran fine and than would not move like battery low.

Customer Question

cart ran fine and than would not move like battery low. checked voltage and have 35.4volts. when you press petal wont move.
JA: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: batteries are about 6months old. Checked each one with voltmeter and they read 6 plus volts each
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: J300 serial#1305624 Bought it bout a year ago from a friend. When you drove it for awhile at full speed it would slow up like brake was on . you had to let off petal and it would go again. Don't know if this helps.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checking it out my self. Checked voltage to switch and was good. Pulled cover to I guess is the module and have 34.3 volts to all cables going into it. Have same at motor. Stepped on petal while had voltmeter on cable on motor and voltage would drop to 14 v
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: how would you check to see if you have a bad motor , switch or module.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Let's go back to the battery pack. With a 36 volt cart, and fully charged, the voltage should be over 39 volts! With voltage at 34 volts, batteries are low! What does charger do when lugged to cart> Does battery voltage increase close to 40 volts while on charge?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Why is there only 34 volts? Bad connection or battery?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
will go check all connections and batteries again for a bad connection

OK, also you can run cart with voltmeter attached to battery pack and watch voltage as you drive. I think you will find voltage is dropping, and that is cause of fault. Low voltage..

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks will check, But cart want move, jacked up rear tires off ground and pressed petal and they want turn like no power to motor

Is foot pedal closing the solenoid?

I see question is still open, did you find probelm?