Electric Vehicles

Electric Car Questions? Ask a Electric Car Mechanic Online.

Electric Vehicles

I have club car that use in industrial plant it not work and

Customer Question
Good day I have club car...
Good day
I have club car that use in industrial plant it not work and i have changed the micro switch and solenoid to new one and the car not working
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/31/2016
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

If you plug in the charger does it com eon and charger/ Does the reverse buzzer work? Are you getting battery pack voltage to the key switch?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
First thank you for responding and for you info the club car working by gasoline
About your questions, yes the reverse buzzer is working and the battery pack voltage too

Gas cart! Ok, battery voltage is ok? If you go direct to the starter solenoid, where the battery cable attaches, and jump across the two cables, will the engine spin?

Looks like this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know this box where the caple attache but i dont know how to jump across the cables?

Use old screwdriver or another short battery cable and touch the two terminals at same time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No the engine not spin I jump the cabels there are sparks but the engine not start

Can you turn the engine, using the drive belt/ Engine not locked? Engine should have spun, or battery, cables, starter bad.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
u advice me to replace the start cable

No , do you have jumper cables, so you can go direct to the starter solenoid , to see if it may be battery or cable problem? You can turn engine with drive belt?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can i turn the engine with drive belt?I dont think my gas cart have this option ?

Engine is driving a belt to the transmission. Or just see if you can put a wrench on the starter generator, just to be sure the engine is not locked up!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the engine not locked up

OK, with jumper cables, can you go direct to the starter / generator and spin engine? If not starter is no good.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok as already I did the jumper please can you locate the starter?

The cable from the starter solenoid, goes direct to the starter/generator. One terminal on the starter solenoid is the +battery cable, the other, is cable to the starter.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi again sorry for late i think i found my problem you know the clutch drive it look like not move when i press the padle the statrer generator move but the clutch stack which cut the belt so what do u think

If the belt is locking the pulley, it will affect the start. Jump the drive belt off and see if the engine will run.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The pulley is stuck so when i press the pedal the starter generator move but the pulley stuck which cut the belt
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry what do u mean of jump the drive belt of
I need belt moving to move the pully which start the engine but the pully is stuck

OK,the pulley on the generator? Or the pulley on the engine drive shaft? I was thinking drive belt from engine to transmission.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The pulley on the engine drive shaft

If the pulley is locked and will not turn, the engine is locked up. I would remove the belt to eliminate it from the possibility of it being belt or pulleys. Then if drive pulley does not turn, engne is locked up!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i remove the belt and I couldn't turn the pulley ?

Remove the spark plug , then try again, but sounds like the engine has failed!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other