Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 205 EZ-Go golf cart. It runs very good. On cold

Customer Question

I have a 205 EZ-Go golf cart. It runs very good. On cold mornings it will not run. I replaced the controller, solenoid, speed control, ITS & switch. When I depress the accelerator I hear the solenoid click but the cart doesn't move. When the temperature warms up, the cart runs normal?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: solenoid
JA: What is the model/year of your electric?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am fixing it myself. I've replaced the controller, solenoid, speed control, ITS and switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I did that yesterday and have not gotten an answer.. I fed up with Just anAnswer. I've called them 2 already.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Cart should not be heat/cold sensitive. Can you test the battery voltage at the drive motor , on the F or S terminals, when you press the pedal ? If the voltage varys at the motor, the motor brushes are not making good contact. I suspect you need to replace the brushes in the drive motor and clean the armature. I assume this is not the RXV cart, with electric brake on the motor.