Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 2003 EZGO golf cart with the original controller.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 EZGO golf cart with the original controller. Picked up the Curtis 36 V 275 Amp Controller for EZ-GO, 1206 TXT Cars, 5 Pin
but noticed that my old controller doesn't have the 5-pin connecter. suggestions?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Nope
JA: What is the model of your '03 electric?
Customer: Yes electric
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just looked under the hood
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

1206 is a series of controllers with a letter or number after the 1206 to identify the options. What was your full model number on the old controller? You say it does not have 5 pin connection? What did the old one have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has 3 individual wires with slip connectors next to the B+ connector and 1 next to the B- as for full model number on the old controller I haven't been able to locate any. The EZGO new controller has a G633 tag on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The old controller looks very much like the G433H 36 volt 350 amp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Amazon said that this new controller G633 was a more powerful upgrade to create more speed
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Here is the typical diagram.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Where do the existing wires come from and go to??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but it's obvious that your an EZGO mechanic. It should not take this long to identify if I have the right controller. Which is now obvious to me by my own research. Thanks for your efforts.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Good luck with it.