Electric Vehicles

Electric Car Questions? Ask a Electric Car Mechanic Online.

Electric Vehicles

Ezgo rxv won't move when I step on accelerator.

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
9/3/2016
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

48 volt RXV has to have a full 48 volts, to release the brake and drive. Do you have 48 volts, or more at the battery pack and to the solenoids?

Does the solenoid click when you press the pedal? Does it send 48 volts to the brake? What is the pack voltage? Fully charged 48 volt system should be around 54 volts???

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I turn the key to F or D there is an immediate temporary lurch backward. Then nothing. This occurs without depressing the pedal. Then there is no responsiveness of the pedal. No movement.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
These are brand new batteries. Fully charged. A related note; a little while bask I was driving and the brake stuck on. I just bought this cart (used but in real good condition) recently.

Go to the brake on the drive motor and unbolt it from the drive motor and see if the cart will move.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Gonna take some work. They describe problems of this nature on line. I'm looking for insight- not necessarily an algorithmic approach.

Start by finding out if it is the brake keeping unit from driving, then you can check the voltage to the brake, when the key is on and pedal is pressed. It takes a full 48 volts to release the brake. Can be the brake or it can be the brake actuator solenoid. As you see on line, RXV has had brake issues from day one!

I see question is still open, did you find problem?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not inclined to think it's the brake because the vehicle lurches BACKWARD violently when you step on accelerator whether you are in forward or reverse. It jumps an inch or two then- nothing.

Are you getting a full 48 volts to the electric brake on the drive motor?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other