Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 2008 electric club car and got on it the other day.

Customer Question

hello , I have a 2008 electric club car and got on it the other day . unplugged the charger, tried to drive it off and all it would was just shiver in the forward position and only move about a inch. so I put it in the reverse position the buzzer came on but the cart shiver about an inch still in the forward position and stop !! do you have any ideas of what has went wrong !! checked batteries - showed 49.5 volts thanks chuck
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

?? Will cart roll, indicating brakes are not locked? Do you feel the shiver at the drive motor? Can you raise the rear wheels and see if the wheels will turn with no load when pressing pedal? The shiver can be the drive motor coupler , between motor and transaxle, stripped and slipping.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you raise the wheels and see if wheels move?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It pushes fairly easy but I'm about 35 miles away from it so it will be a day or two before I can get up there to check it out. Big clue is that it won't back up it just go forwards about a inch in either forwards or reverse settings I tried to call u but you have not responded !!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I can call but it is extra charge, and I think you need to check the drive motor coupler first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will text you when I get up there. thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK< thanks.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see question is still open , did you find the problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cart is still not working this is what I I have done I raised the cart and check the wheels They rolled free With the cart raised I put the cart in forward and push on the foot pedal The wheels kinda began to turn forward just a little but stopped I reached down and tried to roll the wheels forward under power but they just stayed still the wheels where free to roll each way thought next I put the cart in reverse I push the petal down the buzzer sounded and the rear wheels rolled forward the more I push the petal down the faster the wheels went forward A cart repair man told me to change the speed sensor I did it and no change It still done the same thing. Thanks Chuck Waiting for ur though
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you put i back on ground and see if it was driving in reverse? If it does, swap the F/R wires on th e F/R switch. If it now goes forward, replace the F/R switch. If it still run sin reverse but not forward, the controller is the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't do that but I will let u know when I get up back up there it will probably be Tuesday afternoon chuck
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK> I should be close.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Curtis swap the forward and reverse wires on cart. The cart wheels still went in forward direction. I set the cart down it slivered a little but in forward direction very little power thou jack it up and wheels would turn fast in reverse and forward
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I am now thinking the motor may be bad. It has to reverse to change the directions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in question about the lost of power new batteries showing 49. 4 volts clean connections all forward directions Very little power. I'm lost I guess I'm going to have to send it in to golf cart repair shop
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

New batteries typically fully charged would be around 54 volts. When you attach charger does the voltage increase? Does cart have the OBC, which controls the charger?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I plug it in to charger the charger does show it charging I did reset the obc. This afternoon Still no luck
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you check the voltage of battery pack while charging?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I sure didn't
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

?? Just a thought, as to whether the charger is working as it should.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't read the hand on the charger I just looked at it when I plugged it in and I saw the hand go over like it normally does
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I would like to know if the battery pack increases from 49 to well over 54 volts when the charger is on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check it out this week when I get up there and let u know
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK>Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to send it in to get repaired as I need it soon sorry we didn't fix it as it must be a real problem that needs a scanner on it it was great thing to fix it But it is a big problem to fix Maybe we might fix the next cart !! Chuck
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK> Thanks.