Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 2004 ez go and after driving around 30 minutes the

Customer Question

i have a 2004 ez go and after driving around for about 30 minutes the motor smells burnt and loss of power. All wires are warm to touch but not hot. the motor is very hot and a small amount of seepage between motor and transaxle. Any suggestions?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Does cart roll free, indicating the brakes are not dragging? No brake dragging, likley the drive motor is bad, and is pulling too many amps. Motor should not be too hot to touch!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

But let me back up a bit. If the battery voltage is dropping and not staying up, the low voltage from the battery pack, can cause high amp draw at the motor and cause overheating of the motor. Does battery pack check out? All batteries same voltage? on 36 volt system each battery has to stay above 6 volts.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

did you see my response?