Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

1997 Club Car DS Elec The car will not go. I hear the

Customer Question

1997 Club Car DS Elec
The car will not go. I hear the solenoid engage so I replaced the forward and reverse switch. This still did not resolve the issue. Any help is appreciated.
VIN: A9741-614470
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Charger come on ok, when attached to the cart? Do you have a voltmeter to check the system? What is voltage on both cables on the solenoid? Have you bypassed the solenoid? Just because it clicks, does not mean it is closing and powering the unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Charger is fine. Batteries are at full charge. Voltage meter is fine. checked the solenoid and it said .20. I have not bypassed the solenoid. I changed out the forward / reverse changer. I guess I am on to changing the solenoid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What part # ***** you recommend? VIN: A9741-614470
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The solenoid should have full battery voltage on both sides. Is cart 36 or 48 volts?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
48 volts
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

question not updating!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find problem?