How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Category: Electric Vehicles
Satisfied Customers: 28700
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
Type Your Electric Vehicles Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Electric Vehicles Club Car: I have a 2000 48v Club Car. It

Customer Question

I have a 2000 48v Club Car. It runs fine in reverse but in forward it goes but the speed goes up and down no matter what position the pedal is in. Help need to fix this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, If you turn the cart on and with the brake off push the cart with the switch forward or reverse do you get a warning alarm tone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry it is not what I expected so I will have to OPT OUT and maybe another tech will have the answer for you. Sorry I could not help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reverse warning buzzer works in reverse but no alarm in forward.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
DS or President? Where is the F/R switch? At your knee or on the dash? Most travel problems are caused by bad connections at the f/r switch. If f/r switch is on the dash, the direction change is in the controller.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a DS. Has the f/r switch next to my knee
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Big switch with cables. I would start with cleaning the switch contacts . Or swap the f/r cables and see if problem changes. If it does, either repair or replace the switch.