Electric Vehicles

Electric Car Questions? Ask a Electric Car Mechanic Online.

Electric Vehicles

Club car DS: my 2000 club car DS with the Kawasaki FE 290 gas

Customer Question
my 2000 club car DS...
my 2000 club car DS with the Kawasaki FE 290 gas engine was running fine when I shut it off yesterday, this morning it won't even try to turn over. Checked battery shows 12.8 volts ( new battery) lights and horn work fine, but it will not even try to turn over. Engine will rotate freely by hand. Fuse not blown. Suspect some electrical component. What do you think?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/18/2016
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
The foot pedal has to activate the micro switch, that engages the starter solenoid. All mounted in the same box with battery and throttle cable. Micro switch may be stuck or wire off.?/
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I figure that I just wasted $28.00 dollars, I had already checked the switches and connections. I quess, that I should have tracked the issue further before I checked into getting expert assistance. I checked the solenoid and it was bad even though I installed a new one about a month ago. Larry
I can only relate to what you give me to work with. I gave diagrams and explained operation. If foot micro sends voltage to the solenoid, and the solenoid does not close, then solenoid would have been bad. Thanks.
I only get credit if you accept, so we both were wasting our time and money
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other