Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

My name is ***** *****. I own a 2002 Ford Think golf cart.

Customer Question

Hi! My name is ***** *****. I own a 2002 Ford Think golf cart. Why does the battery indicator start flashing?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Normally the battery charg level gradually loses bars as I use my cart. Recently it started flashing. I thought it needed a charge. I charged it to full charge. The indicator begins to flash rapidly even though there is still plenty of charge. What does this mean?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Flash is indicating a battery or connection problem. Do you have a voltmeter to test each batteries voltage? All should be equal. Look for any battery that is different by 1 volt from the rest. Ad what is pack voltage? A 72 volt system , fully charged, should be in the 80 + range! And with a 12 volt battery will be over 13 volts.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find problem? Please accept to close.