Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

My 1975 cushman golf cart goes very slow. It hasn't been…

Customer Question
my 1975 cushman golf cart...
my 1975 cushman golf cart goes very slow. It hasn't been used in 35 years do I need to change the oil or axle grease. The back wheel when jacked up will turn but slowly with pedal fully engaged.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
1/29/2016
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other

I doubt it is the oil. Is the brake dragging? That is more likley. Engine seems to be running fine? I assume this is gas cart?

The brake is not dragging, the motor I believe is good and it is an electric cart. The wheels if I push them when jacked up will speed up but it is an all metal golf cart

Any model number? What voltage are you getting to the drive motor? 36 volt cart or ??? Do you have electrical diagram?

New batteries?

Does charger show to work when plugged in?

it is 36v I don't have a diagram I went by the one on Vintage golf carts website that you sent last time. The model # *****(###) ###-####

Are you getting 36 volts to the drive motor?

I have new batteries, the charger is charging. How do I check for the volts getting to the motor

You need a voltmeter, to check the voltages. A cheap digital voltmeter is less than $10 at auto or retail store.

okay will get the meter and get back with you Thanks, Curtis

If full voltage is getting to the motor, then motor needs to be checked.

Thanks.