Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Electric Vehicles Club Car: We have a 2006 Club Car that we

Customer Question

We have a 2006 Club Car that we just bought from a friend. It charged okay after we bought it but then sat idle for about 10 days and was not plugged in to the charger. Now the charger does not seem to even register anything when plugged into the cart. I even borrowed my son in law's charger to see if ours was bad. Same result. There looks like there is plenty of water but will be adding more distilled water to see if that makes a difference. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, ***** ***** , Pearland, Texas
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage at the carts charger receptacle? The charger does not come on, because it does not see enough voltage to close the internal relay, to start the charge. You can have a bad cable or connection, or battery,in the primary circuit. The primary circuit is the charger port,to battery pack, through the battery pack and back to the charger port.