Electric Vehicles

Electric Car Questions? Ask a Electric Car Mechanic Online.

Electric Vehicles

Electric Vehicles Ezgo: My ezgo 36v cart won't go. Batteries

Customer Question
My ezgo 36v cart won't...
My ezgo 36v cart won't go. Batteries are fully charged at 37.4v. Solenoid clicks and I get battery voltage on the other large terminal on it. Checked all connections are clean where do I go next
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
6/18/2015
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: Curtis B., Other replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Check the solenoid, it should have battery voltage on both sides BEFORE the solenoid closes! The solenoid only makes the connection. Do you get any indication that the keyswitch has voltage? Keyswitch gets power from the back side of the carts charger plug. There is a reed switch in the connection that kills the keyswitch when the charger is plugged in. If the switch doesn't close, the keyswitch gets no power, so cart does not drive!
The indicator shows full power I do have voltage on both sides of the silenoid. Battery side is 37.4 the other side is 34.7 with out the solenoid closed. The resistor on the board between the two connections reads 250 ohms but the connections look a little burned up. I do get 37v to the A2 and A1 connections on the motor when the peddal is depressed.
It is a DCS cart
http://mrcarts.com/cat_ezgo_technical_info.cfm----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------scroll down the above site, and run through the tests for the system.
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other