Electric Vehicles

Electric car questions? Ask an electric car mechanic online.

Thx . I have a Ezgo electric cart and the cart

Customer Question
Thx for offering. I have...
Thx for offering. I have a Ezgo electric cart and the cart will go in reverse but not forward.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Electric Vehicles
6/10/2015
Electric Vehicle Mechanic: EVTech, Technician replied 3 years ago
EVTech
EVTech, Technician
Hi, Thanks for letting me try to help you with your problem.
If your cart has a forward/reverse lever under your legs. That is the problem. It's either worn out mechanically or one of the micro switches on the backside of it are bad.
That's the only thing that switches voltage polarity in the system.
ok I will replace the switch module
before this problem the cart when fully charged would drive very slow
what do you think is that problem?
Did it drive slow in both directions?
And now does it drive fast in reverse but not in forward?
drove slow in both directions
That's hard to say. It could be anything from one or more bad batteries, some bad cables or connections, or bad solenoid not letting enough power through.
First thing you should do is make sure you have good voltage from a fully charged battery pack.
If it's 36 volts you want to see about 38. If it's a 48 volt cart you want to see about 51.
Once you have that you need to make sure you have good cables and connections between the batteries.
Then you have to look at the cart components.
If it only drives in one direction that's almost always the forward/reverse mechanism.