Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

I attended a trade school that never lived up to it's end of…

Customer Question
I attended a trade...

I attended a trade school that never lived up to it's end of the bargain helping me find a job, and halfway through the year they made one of my fellow class mates the teacher. Am I eligible for a refund?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

I have not. My ideal outcome would be to have my tuition refunded

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Education Law
5/29/2018
Education lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 25 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: Yes, you are because the school breached the agreement with you. Unfortunately, you may have to file lawsuit against the school for breach of contract to force the school to refund your tuition because it is unlikely that the school would do the right and refund the money without a Court Order.

The lawsuit would be filed at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or online if the Court make forms available online.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.