Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

I am considering taking legal action against two employers…

Customer Question
I am considering taking...

I am considering taking legal action against two employers for workplace bullying. I was initially employed by feed central who was contracted to UWE Hay to do the quality services work. I was approached by UWE Hay and asked if I would work for them. When Feed central found out I was bullied by the senior management staff of feed central. I complained to Nev from Feed Central about Tim and Cieran's bullying and then Tim Ford continued to bully. In the end Feed Central management spoke to UWE Hay Management and it was agreed that I would work for UWE Hay directly. While I was employed by UWE Hay I was also bullied and played off against Feed Central. I have email evidence.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes, both companies

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No I don't belong to a union. Not sure what you mean at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not really, just need to know if I have a case

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Education Law
5/1/2018
Education lawyer: Infolawyer, Partner replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Partner
On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!If the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seek. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!