Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

I have a grandson who turned 16 4 days ago. He goes to a…

I have a grandson...

I have a grandson who turned 16 4 days ago. He goes to a suburban

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is your grandson in? It matters because laws vary by location.

High school in llansing mich. He has been major bulled by a group of kids at the high school over 2 years. They take his back back, food, won't let him eat in the lunchroom and many other things. They are indian and black and all other races. They try to fight him in the rest room and just a short time ago they even phot shoped the back of his head hugging kevin spacy and sent it to many of the other students. Even students he does'nt know now have caught on and try to take his hat in the hall way. Today we recieved a police call saying he said he would hurt or kill someone. He doesn't remember how theconversation came up and they tricked his, but someone went to the police station and reported it. He is at the station with his mom now. They take his food and wonn't even let him eat in the lunch room. Do we need to stop him from talking and get an lawyer. Help!

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

He's being questioned now at the police station. My daughter did text my son to say that the police are saying the stories don't add up. Haven't heard anythhing else they are still at the police station. He's been bullied so much and so long untill this all a/b student just started getting d & 1 E.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

So far thats all I know. except his father just left him and 2 siblies and is geting a sdivorce & moving with his job to Ohio.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Dan Hodgkinson

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what specifically do you need help with - but first off he needs to stop talking to the police!!

Dan Hodgkinson
it took so long to get a response from you until they sent him home with his mother. She has an appointment with the principal in the morning. They did tell her that his story is not the same as all the other kids. They also said they were giving this case to detectives. What should we do. I think he was kind of tricked into saying that threat. However when she ask if all the kids would receive a conciquince or be expelled they said no, just him because he was the one they all said made the threat.
this is my phone number. Mrs Bradley
Phone call session started