Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

My child has a school tribunal to attend...and if found

Customer Question
My child has a...

My child has a school tribunal to attend...and if found guilty what do i do next...He is 16...they want him yo go to alternative school...he is afraid...he is not a problem child....just guilt by association..

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

Talk to principal on Friday...plan to get get an attorney....ideal would be let 10 day suspension be timed served...and allow him to transfer...his fatber lives in another city

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Education Law
3/27/2018
Education lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

My child has a school tribunal to attend...and if found guilty what do i do next..

Response: File an appeal. Get the services of a local Attorney who handles school and education issues to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys: Lawyers.com Justia.com

Findlaw.com Best wishes, <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt"> Thank you for your cooperation.