Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

My kids go to a private school. Which has the grade from…

My kids go to...

My kids go to a private school. Which has the grade from toddlers to pre school.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Duluth Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

I found out from one of the school staff member that my kids day care teacher was spreading very bad rumors about the parents which is me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I already contacted the school principle but Her response was not fair at all. She said she didn’t believe me

Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do still need assistance with this question
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have 3 Girls the age of 5yrs, 4yrs and 11 month. They all attend the same private Day. Which is located in Duluth GA called Core Kids Academy.One of the school staff member alerted me that one of my kids teacher was consistently talking bad about the parents. Spreading bad rumors about us. Saying that we are criminals and etc.I contacted the school principle and she said she would look into it. But her answer is that she can do anything about to because it was hear say she say.And there won’t be any disciplinary action against that teacher
Olivia Kent

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

.

What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wanted to see if I can put a law suit against the school it self

You would need to prove that the school owed you a duty to investigate your allegations and after that you'd need to prove that they somehow failed in their duty to you and that resulted in damages to you. I'm not going to lie to you... it would be an uphill battle for sure so you'd need to decide whether a legal battle is "worth it" to you. You might want to file a complaint with the state which is free and easy and might lead to some investigation, since the school does not seem to want to work with you on this. Please let me know if I've answered your question. I understand that this is not good news and I apologize for that. I hope you don't take it out on me or my rating... I have an ethical responsibility to tell you what the law actually is - and even if I didn't have that obligation I'd still want you to avoid a legal headache if I possibly can help you avoid that! So I just need you to know what you're up against. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can You we speak on the phone

Sure. I'd be happy to.

Phone call session started
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent