Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

My son has continually been picked on but when he stands up…

Customer Question
My son has continually...

My son has continually been picked on but when he stands up for himself it’s his word against theirs. Now they have suspended him for ten days and expulsion hearing on the 15th over it. What can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is on an i e p and labeled disabled per school request but that hasn’t even been an issue

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Education Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Education lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Response: You need to show up at the hearing with an Attorney who handles education and special needs education issues to assist you with the case. You should be prepared to show all the instances where he was harassed and bullied and the school did nothing. That he was only defending himself when the school unfairly suspended him and not his tormentors.

You should be prepared to file an appeal if the school decides on expulsion.

You should also file complaint with the Ohio Department of Education. Click here for information on the complaint process.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with the hearing,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.