Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

My son got in trouble as a juvinile in dickson tn he was…

Customer Question
My son got in...

My son got in trouble as a juvinile in dickson tn he was charged with several felonies and placed on probation with dcs until fines were paid we were told he couldnt attend public school until charges were dismissed we choose to home school

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

We went to court in dec i paid it all off n charges were dismissed we are in dickson tennessee my question is more about what has happened since dismissed just wanted to tell you what led up to this why iam asking

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

After the charges were dismissed he has been told by the board of education he is allowed back to school they were not school related charges nothing has been filed just trying to figure out what to do dcs faxed the school a list of his charges they refuse to let him enter public school

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No maam i am just trying to find out what i can do to get him in school

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Education Law
1/13/2018
Education lawyer: Ely, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Ely, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. To clarify please, what is the formal reason the school district is refusing to admit him?