Education Law

Education Law Questions? Ask an Education Lawyer

Education Law

What is the minimum number of Trustees allowed on a board…

What is the minimum...

What is the minimum number of Trustees allowed on a board for a private postsecondary school in Nebraska?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nebraska

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

We would like to reduce the number of Trustees for our college from 12 to 10.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's the question.

1/12/2018
Infolawyer, Partner

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You can reduce the number to 10, although you normally want an odd number to avoid an impasse. (tied votes) There is no express minimum although normally there at at least 7.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Very welcome

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Bonus always appreciated.

Infolawyer, Partner
Infolawyer, Partner