Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

My son has an expulsion hearing, I was not given any

Customer Question
My son has an...

My son has an expulsion hearing, I was not given any evidence to look at before I knew about the hearing. I did ask to see a video they said they have and was told they had to block out other students. How do I proceed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the school located? And is it a public or private institution?

The school is in college station tx. It is a public alternative school called Venture.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

The principal called me on the 3rd if this month informing me of the hearing today at 10am. I would like him to not be expelled. I have spoken to a criminal attorney he said it was not his area of expertise.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ma'am

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Education Law
1/8/2018
Education lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

The only way to get the recordings would be via a court order. In order to obtain a court order you would need to get a local civil attorney to file suit against the school and then demand the video in court. The video belongs to the school and as such the school does not have to disclose the video without court order.

So, at this point, it is a bit late and you will have to go to the hearing and present your son's defense and then if they expel him you would need to get a local education law attorney to sue and seek the order for the video. You can get a local education law attorney from the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.superlawyers.com

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney