Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

Need a lawyer from Wisconsin. The matter is about an

Customer Question
Need a lawyer from...

Need a lawyer from Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The matter is about an activities code. Which the students are afforded due process.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Education Law
The activities code states are the students are afforded due process. Which leads me to this question. We recieved a letter stating that she was being punished for lack of character. Does not state where incident took place. Letter shows that we have chosen to appeal the process. At the bottom of letter it shows a cc softball coach. Which means a courtesy copy was sent to her and she acknowledged the letter. Have my daughters rights been violated under due process by these actions.
1/1/2018
Education lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Education lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 7 months ago

I want to make sure I understand your question... when you asked if your daughter's rights have been violated under due process - what specific incident are you referring to as potentially violating your daughter's due process rights?