Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

Is grade pooling (the process of rewarding students who may…

Customer Question
Is grade pooling (the...

Is grade pooling (the process of rewarding students who may have failed coursework, with a minimum grade of 50?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

Yes, I wrote them (school, district and educational association) that this was an illegal procedure since it meant the falsification of earned grades (simply to improve or fake graduation rates for the continuance of state/local monies

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does this firm represent teachers who are victims of retribution by school, district, board and educational association

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Education Law
12/18/2017
Education lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question.

I am sorry, but we are unable to represent anyone from this site, it is forbidden by state laws. You would need to engage someone locally to represent you in this matter if you are seeking legal representation.

you did not answer the question of grade pooling regardless of representation.

Thank you for your reply

That is correct I did not answer it YET, I just wanted to make sure you understood the representation part first. I will be working on your answer and will post again momentarily.

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, providing students falsified grades that do not reflect their performance for the sole purpose of receiving increased state, local of federal funding, is considered FRAUD and it is a crime. In fact, teachers in several states who have engaged in grading and test score fraud cases have been sent to jail for engaging in the practice.

So, if you have proof this is going on within your system, you should be submitting your complaint to the State Attorney General and the State Department of Education, as those are the two entities who have enforcement authority over this type of matter. When you file your complaint with them, the laws say if they retaliate against you for doing so, you are protected from such retaliation.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney