Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

I have my son attending 8th grade, he was suspended for 5…

Customer Question
I have my son...

I have my son attending 8th grade, he was suspended for 5 days, vice-principal told me that additional district placement committee to decide what is next, but decision was taken to send my son to Brighets program

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes at middle school, my son get involved in an social media comments to female classmate

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, my son was suspended for 5 days because code 48900.2 section 212.5 made comment with other 3 students on istagram, pending district placement committee but decision was made to send my son to a Bridgets program

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Education Law
The three boys involved are first generation, one from Vietnam, Peru and Middle East.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Is lawyer working on the suggestions/
12/9/2017
Education lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What is your specific question about this situation for us?

Did your son actually send the messages the school claims were inappropriate?