Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

My son. 6 got expelled from catholic school suddenly without…

Customer Question
My son. 6...

My son. 6 got expelled from catholic school suddenly without warning for behavior,

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I dont think there is anything we can do though.. they just called us to pick him up, and get out lousisana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

No. honestly, i dont know. I feellike being not able to go back school made him sad, but on the other hand, we are not sure about going back if the school obviously do not care him or the parents. But being expelled will stay in his record? made it difficult for him to be accepted by the next school?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cost?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Education Law
What actions we can take? Being expelled will make him difficult to be taken by any other schools. Can we negotiate with his school not showing on the record, saying something we leaving voluntary?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/30/2017
Education lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear that. Yes, you can ask the school to show that he withdrew and not as expelled on his transcripts. I would reach out to the principal or the school board.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer