Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

Are you able to educate me about private school suspension…

Customer Question
Hi Are you able...

Hi Are you able to educate me about private school suspension matter in ILLINOIS US

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

My son is suspended from school saying that he told a quote "That he kill gals and gal teacher" My son denied that he told but the school did not believe him

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe my son didnt tell that there is no proof from school too they are just believing the other gal he is in 5th grade

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Education Law
11/23/2017
Education lawyer: Infolawyer, Partner replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Partner
On review of your facts, you have a good case. The suspension appears to lack sufficient evidence and you may seek to appeal the matter internally seeking at first their internal procedures and rules which may require a hearing and showing of proof.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Having an education lawyer speak to the school can help. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
My son studying in Grade 5, 11 years old, has been suspended from private school for 5 days. The suspension document states.
-Verbally or physically threatening to injure or harm a school staff member
He didn’t directly state any such statement to the staff members.
The report is as follows:
He kicked his friend Elif's stuff with his foot. He teased on Mahi during Character education class and he told Mahi that he wanted to kill all girls and girl teachers with sniper. He copied me in the classroom. I continuously warn him to have his trash and his stuff on your desk most of the time he leaves the classroom.
My son clearly denied and said that he didn’t tell that Quote.
The school asked the Gal to write about the incident, but they does not ask my son to write about the incident. The voice is not heard from two sides of the kids before making a decision. The judgement is made in an unfair way.
The copy of suspension document is sent to District administrator.
We have lost the trust in the administration. So, we plan to transfer my son to a public school after the suspension is done. Will this suspension records also be transferred to the new school?
I would like to know how far its going to affect my son’s in future.