Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer.
Experience:  I am an Attorney with years of experience in Education Law related matters.
26296561

I am a graduate student. I have been placed under

Customer Question

I am a graduate student. I have been placed under investigation for allegations of plagiarism. The project in question was timeline.Where my classmates and I shared strategies.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: MD no Washington D.C
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. I have a hearing on the 28th.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: All students in the class work for the same school district. We all have access to the same resources.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this legal? Can I be accused of plagiarism if the school doesn't have an evaluation tool for plagiarism ?

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot comment on your specific situation, but generally, colleges and graduate schools do have policies that deal with plagiarism and as long as, the school follows the procedure when it come to determination of plagiarism under the terms of such policy, in many cases, the determination might be made by the faculty / staff or by any other reasonable approach and unfortunately, once determination is made, it would be legal and it would be up to the student to contest it.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

Thank you.

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.