Education Law

Education Law Questions? Ask an Education Lawyer

Education Law

Does the school in pickens county ga have the right to

Customer Question
question and force 9...
does the school in pickens county ga have the right to question and force 9 yr old boy into hospital evulation for saying statement to himself without parents conscent a straigkt a student
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no but plan to
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this student has never made a threating statement before to anyone
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Education Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
School has a parents rights policy dut nothing pertaing to the school forcing hospital confinement because he made a statement of harming himself, parents were not involved with any of this only told what they were doing & parents could not do any thing about it this is a 9 year old boy &a an a student
10/15/2017
Education lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Can you please provide more details? How long was this hospital confinement? Why did they take him to the hospital? Was this a scheduled appointment or did they take him to the hospital right after they heard his statements?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He was forced to be taken to the hospital after he madethestatement about harming himself 10 12 17 he still being confined 75 miles from home. He 9 yrs old straight a student &I would never harm himself or anyone, the substitute teacher has made a big mistake she has abused this little boy

This boy has been held since October 12th? Have the parents tried to take him home? What is the hospital's response?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will not allow parents to take boy home until they decide to release him. There is nothing wrong with him they are making money off him being there the bill already over $15,000 this school that Uniates this knows this 9 yr old boy would never harm himself

Has the state taken the child into protective custody? How do you know all this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I the grandpa there is a very close relationship l live next to my grandson &I his family nothing mentioned about the state the school called my son 8:30 the 12th to come to the school when he arived the principle told him to take him to the amergency room to de evulated he did then the nurse at the emergency said he would have to go to Athens hospital 75 mlles away the parents were not allowed to take at 6: pm after 9 hrs in the emergency room a transport service transported him the did not see him until Saturday the hospital called at 3:pm today & said he was fine to be released tomorrow there has been a big abuse to this little boy I wonder if it could be he is half phillipeno his mother is philinlpeno this boy would never harm himself & the school knows that is there anything we can do legely

How do the boy's parents feel about all this? Are they just as concerned? Have they talked to a lawyer? It is hard to give further advice without knowing the details of why the boy was held for so long. His parents should request the medical records immediately after he is released.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They are just as concerned, they have asked me to help with this they do not have a lawyer but have ask me toenploy one have not been told why they have held him this long we will request medical records after his release do you advise we hire a lawyer I want to prevent another child from going through this we will be taking him out of the public school & enroling him in a private Christian school
Education lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Attorney replied 30 days ago

Yes, it is definitely a good idea to set up a consultation with a lawyer in your jurisdiction. Sorry I can't be of more assistance, bur your case is going to require the direct services of an attorney.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 3, 4, or 5 star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Education lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Attorney replied 28 days ago

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Legal Expert Justin
Legal Expert Justin
Legal Expert Justin, Attorney