Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

I have been accused of the samething. However, the professor…

Customer Question
I have been accused...

I have been accused of the samething. However, the professor states over 40 percent of my paper was plagerized. Since being a student I never had this problem and I never used the plagarism checker. I was just told how to use it after this incident among other tools to prevent this from happening. This is my first offense. What can happen?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the school located? And is it a public or private institution?

Uop

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

University of Phoenix

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I spoke to my advisor and I explained what happened but she couldn't tell me what would happen. She told me about some tools to use going foward.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Education Law
I also explained to my professor and advisor that I have difficulty with APA formatting. I have been out of college since 84 and a few classes fom getting my bachelor's degree. I am a honor roll student.
10/3/2017
Education lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this.Reprecussions for plagiarism depends on the school policy. It can result in something as extreme as failing the class to expulsion from school. It normally is only addressed at the school level.
It may be worthwhile to sit down with the professor and explain the facts, along with submitting drafts of the work to help disprove the allegations or at least show it was unintentional.I certainly hope this works out for you.
This is in online class
There should still be a professor responsible for grading essays and exams and submitting scores to administration. So either that professor or an administrator should be able to help.
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer