Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

I was told that I would have a high chance of losing the…

Customer Question
I was told that I...
I was told that I would have a high chance of losing the case because the school is immuned when it comes to discipline a child. We also signed the contract with the private school that we acknowledge the code of conducts.We think they could have chosen the effective discipline that would not cause a trauma on my child.Can the private school order any kind of punishment on a child, even when they know the punishment would cause long-term emotional damage?Also, the local lawyer we talked to said it is hard to prove the psychological damage. Is this true to our case?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Education Law
9/21/2017
Education lawyer: Infolawyer, Partner replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Partner
Such cases are not easy but winnable or settle in some instances where you and preferably jointly with counsel marshal evidence of unreasonable conduct and resulting injury including treatment.
We were also told that the evidence has to show before and after kind of evidence. We never had had to scan her brain for damage before the incident. But we went to have her brain scanned after the incident. It showed that her brain does have abnormal activity on the brain section that controls emotion. What we say for sure was the incident has cause our child to go through suicidal thoughts and panic. We are getting therapies on our own cost as a result of the school's choic of discipline.What kind of evidences do other emotional trauma cases normally use to win the case?
Expert witness, treating doctor, therapist, notes from sessions. A personal injury lawyer would coordinate the above if retained. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"