Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney handling education matters.
10285032

I was given a bad evaluation this year by my principal. It

Customer Question

I was given a bad evaluation this year by my principal. It was place on my
JA: Where is the school located? And is it a public or private institution?
Customer: TKES where evry principal can see it. The school is located in Georgia
JA: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?
Customer: well the year before I received a very good evaluation that one was taken off of my TKES so if the principal see it they would only see the bad one. I wouldn't get a job this year. That the problem they want to stop me from getting a job anywhere.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, unless you have a written contract to the contrary, there is no duty of confidentiality for these evaluations. If they are not showing all of your evaluations, this is a different story and that is something you could file suit against the school for defamation and for improper reporting over. Your first step is contacting the school board and asking for the information to be put back into the system and if they refuse to put the other evaluations back into the system, then you would have to file suit against them for defaming you by not publishing the entire truth on their database.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.