How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need advice on what I can do if I feel my son and I are

Customer Question

I need advice on what I can do if I feel my son and I are being discriminated against and harrased by his school nurse
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have filed previous complaint with the school district and wrote a letter to the principal
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son is 14, disabled, and Childrens services has been called for two different reasons by the school nurse twice. Second time, Childrens services showed up today
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

If you are being discriminated against or harassed based on your race, color, religion, national origin, or the disability, then you can file a complaint with the office of civil rights online at this link. Or you can speak in person to:

Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education
Old Federal Building
50 United Nations Plaza, Room 239
San Francisco, CA###-##-####/p>(###) ###-#### FAX#(###) ###-####/p>

You may also want to speak to a private civil rights lawyer or the ACLU to see if they are willing to take your case on a contingency fee basis.

Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so JA will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** a report with the office of civil rights, ACLU, LAUSD nursing, and the school principal. I still feel like I need to take this matter a step further. I will try to contact an attorney.
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

You are welcome. You can reach me again in the future by starting your new questions with “This is for Maverick”. Thank you for using Just Answer!

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

P.S. Please remember to assign a positive feedback rating on this so that Just Answer will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.