Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney handling education matters.
10285032

I want to sue my University An RA came into my apartment and

Customer Question

I want to sue my University An RA came into my apartment and then into my room without permission while I was in bed
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Delaware
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes The RA then called the police on me Because I told him to "Get the f*** out of my apartment" He said I was "intimidating" him Mind you, this is in MY living room of my dorm
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Does this cost any money?
Category: Education Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My roommate asked him several times before entering the apartment and then the door to my room, "Do you have to go in?"
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
To which he and a cadet (University officer in training) said yes
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My housing contract states that an RA can never enter my room without permission
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here are the charges and reasoning
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Whoops, wrong document! It's this one!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the school policy does not give an RA permission to enter any room and in fact says they cannot enter without permission, then this was a violation of the University policy and actually is grounds to sue the RA and university for trespassing and invasion of privacy. It is also grounds to appeal the decision and I would consider doing both, suing the RA personally and the school for invasion of privacy, breach of contract and trespassing, as well as filing your appeal as instructed on the findings sheet you attached.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.