rayanswers
rayanswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years representing children and parents.
8534270

My daughter, 12, has been sexually harassed by a boy in her

Customer Question

My daughter, 12, has been sexually harassed by a boy in her class while at school. He has grabbed, spanked her butt on several occasions and made several other unwanted sexual advances. In addition he burned her while in class with a hot glue gun. We brought this to the attention of the school and they questioned him. He denied the sexual part but admitted to burning her. Now the school is simply dropping it since he denied the sexual harassment. What can we do?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri City, Texas. Fort Bend County
JA: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?
Customer: No attorney yet. We have spoken to the principal. We would like for them to grant Hera school transfer to a nearby school
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They school obtain Ed statements from the kids. Can we get a copy?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  rayanswers replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You may have a civil suit here against the boy and the school district for failure to protect the child. I am so sorry that you have had this happen.This is assault and battery.These are torts you can sue the boy's parents and the school district for failure to protect here.You should consider a local lawyer.This would be a contingent fee kind of case, you don't pay until there is a recovery.I would urge you to pursue I know this is frustrating to you.

Lawyer referral

State Bar of Texas LRIS
Austin, TX

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####/p>

There may be other causes of action here involving the sexual harassment and threats.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can psoitive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.