How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have hit a road block trying to be the advocate for my 11

Customer Question

I have hit a road block trying to be the advocate for my 11 year old son with the school district. Marital changes at home effecting my son who has General Anxiety Disorder. He was placed in a class where he does not have one friend. I have provided Neurophych evaluation report, a letter from the Psychiatrist also stating my request for a class change is the necessary action and that Rece needs to be in a class with a good friend during this difficult and trying time. My son has missed school since the first day of school which was last Monday, August 22. He has refused to attend to school due to anxiety of not being comfortable in his class without a friend for comfort, security and stability. Going through this process has escalated my sons anxiety symptoms of depression AND had caused extreme anxiety for myself which is interfering with the ability to care for my other two children at home. I have been continuously denied by the Superintendent without hesitation. I need someone to represent me, advise me on what to do at this point and give me advice on if there is anything I can do at this point. THIS IS A TIME SENSITIVE MATTER FOR MY SON IS GETTING BEHIND ACADEMICALLY. Please call me tomorrow as soon as possible.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer, I do not participate in the phone call program for the site, however, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions. (If you have questions about these additional services, you can contact our customer service at:

However, I am more than happy to assist you on this forum in the Q&A session.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation with your child. Does your child have an IEP (Individual Education Plan) with the school - this is the strongest tool for a family to use when working with the school district and trying to manage a psychiatric or physical disability for their child.

Once an IEP is established you can use this to help manage your child's classroom placement. Understand, this is not a fast process.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

While there are many resources for parents of children with disabilities, this article here identifies the steps in getting your child an IEP in a fairly concise manner with sufficient detail to help you get started:

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't believe you read my message. My son does not need IEP. This is a situational need. I'd like to request a refund please
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

No problem, I will send your question to our Customer Service and I do wish you the best with your situation.

Related Education Law Questions