How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Lawyer.
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  I am an Attorney with years of experience in Education Law related matters.
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a parent loan that I have let go for years. I am

Customer Question

I have a parent loan that I have let go for years. I am trying to get back on track and start paying. there is so much interest that has added up over the years I was wondering if there was anything to reduce that back interest its over 60 thousand.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
I will be happy to answer your question.
Please note that any information is provided for educational purposes only!

Unfortunately, as long as, the interest had been calculated accurately and according to the terms of the student loan agreement, I am afraid there would generally not be any legal option to get the accumulated interest amount reduced.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.